Friday, May 14, 2010

My Mother Was Right -



I do have ugly toes! I never really paid enough attention to them before to offer any opinion of them myself ... until now. Not only do I have ugly toes, but I have ugly feet.

I always wondered what made a foot worthy to be modeled. Feet are such strange things. That's what I always thought. What normal person would have a foot fettish?

Since taking care of many feet each day for the past 6+ months, I've come to learn what makes a foot ugly.

Deformities.

See my tailor's bunions? Those are bunions on the lateral side of my foot - my pinkie toe side. I've got bilateral tailor bunions. I have a very slight hallux abductus valgus bilateral as well - it will only get worse as time goes on and so I will have those other bunions as well. Yea. See my abnormally long 2nd toes? I think I have an extra joint and bone in both! It sure seems like it, but I don't. I have toes that are valgus rotated and toes that are varus rotated. Jason said my 2nd toes look like they have helmet heads. His feet aren't pretty either - so he has no right to judge.

At least I my nails are not mycotic yet. I now proudly show them naked - without any polish.



Does my foot look any prettier with a pink bow?


"Beautiful are the feet that bring good news."

I know what makes a foot ugly. But I also know what makes feet beautiful.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

So, I Begin this Journey...... said...

A pink bow does the trick for any foot-toe! If you want to see boney bumpy feet....look at mine. Ug! The outcome of dance shoes and earth shoes.

Come to think of it....don't look at mine in flip flops!
Fun post.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

so, can we all send you pics of our feet and you'll tell us what's wrong? I'm really curious now...I will tell you that since I started running that my second toenails are a little weird...
I always kind of wondered why some peoples second toes were as long as their big toes???
My gang (all except me) have split toenails on their pinkie toes...I think it's a hereditary trait passed down from my husband's maternal grandfather, to his mom, him, and now all of our kids...you should have seen us all squinting at little baby pinkie toes to see if our kids had them!
thanks for this very interesting post...
and, may we all remember what makes feet beautiful!

emily said...

Kirsten - my second toenails are "bruised" too - I think it's from the impact and wear on them while we walk/run in our shoes. I think those nails take a lot of abuse because they tend to stick out more than the other toes. My nails aren't black and blue, they just have ripples in them and are more dry than the rest. Maybe they're a little mycotic too from all the abuse. My 2nd toes are actually much longer than the big toes - I don't know why this is, but it's probably genetic. A lot of things are genetic with feet; bunions, hammertoes, even ingrown toenails.

Lisa ~ I'm sure you're feet look cute in flip flops! I absolutely love flip flops and don't care how ugly my feet get - I'm going to wear them anyway!