Monday, May 31, 2010

We saw blue jays and cardinals and I even saw an oreole. The traditional robin was rare though. We even heard a peacock, which we agreed sounded like a child yelling, "help!"


I hate this game.
This was before all the exercise. D is trying to convince the rest of us to go on an 80 mile jog up the mountain to get to the pool. Look at their faces - they aren't interested. Just like I wasn't interested in playing Cornhole. We ended up walking up the mountain, just like I ended up playing multiple games of Cornhole. How does that happen? I've got bad sunburn too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

I'm afraid to ask, but what in the world is cornhole??

emily said...

Cornhole is a bean bag tossing game except instead of beans it's corn. There are two opposing boards, angled down towards the ground with a hole towards the top of each board. The boards are about 25 feet from each other. You stand at one, your teammate stands at the other. You have one opponent beside you, your partner has the other opponent beside him. she's tossing one set of bags, you toss the other. Then the guys at the other end take turns tossing it back. There's a whole scoring method, but because I don't like math I will not explain it. This game has national regulations from the size of the boards to what kind of corn is put into what kind of specific material bags. It started in bars in Kentucky. It's spread to other states like a bad virus. You can look up cornhole on the internet and get all the information your hubby needs to build a set. Or you can buy them - but it's a ridiculous price. Most people enjoy the game.