Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So Far So Good

I got home from work this evening at 5:10.

5:10!

The "good" doctor is on vacation this week. So the schedule has been weird for the one doctor left. Tomorrow I heard rumor that the average office visit is for routine care - I can handle those kinds of patients (when they don't add on 50 other issues). I'm hoping for another good ending time.

On Monday I went with another nurse and doctor #2 to a Senior Center. We took our circus on the road. It is so entertaining to eavesdrop on the people. It doesn't take bionic hearing either - these Seniors talk LOUD. "Dr. ------- did my surgery years ago. I heard he got a divorce and grew a pony tail and has an ear ring. What do they call that?" (this patient needed to be updated.)

So this week is going well. I'm crossing my finger though - hell can break loose with the call of a patient's name. On Friday we're going on our yearly traditional Memorial Weekend Camping Trip with a bunch of family and friends - and WE CAN'T WAIT! But we have a lot to do before then. When will it all get done? Friday morning.

2 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

The one thing I love about little old ladies is all the juicy gossip! I get more info about the doctors I work with from some of my patients than I do from actually working at the hospital:) I hope your work week keeps going so well....we all need those early nights once in awhile. Have a great Memorial Day camping trip!!

So, I Begin this Journey...... said...

Congrats on the 5:10 arrival home.....and anytime you feel the need to entertain me, post more on the purple dress- wearing -lovely's of nursinghomeville. : )