Sunday, January 24, 2010

Last January




One evening, about a year ago, we had an ice storm. Do you remember that? Ice coated the branches, the wind slammed the ice into our siding and onto our roof, it was a loud night. And also kind of eery. I sat down on my bed that night and wrote. What came out on paper was a mixture of emotions from different sources of stress. I look back on what I wrote now and I see that God was there with me in writing it. He was preparing my heart for the tough year that we were just entering. I had no idea what was coming. The fear that I wrote of in that paragraph was over what we were experiencing then, the uncertainty of financial security and all that entails. But it also spoke of a generalized fear. A fear of uncertain times for us as believers. Maybe it's on the dramatic side, but you should have heard what I heard that night (we live in the woods friends)! And it was the beginning of the year, a very uncertain time for us as a family.



Click HERE to read it.









4 comments:

TheLab said...

Oh my, E, this must have been difficult for you to read again. I'm so sorry for what that year brought. I am thankful for your last line in that post.

And you reminded me to pray for you, and your brother again today.

Flamingo said...

It does almost make the hairs on your arms stand on end does it not?

and did you see my comment from that post..."keep using your gift" :)

emily said...

You've been VERY encouraging throughout my bloglife Flamingo!! I appreciate it!

emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.