Sit down & take a load off your feet my friends! Take a slow deep breath, sip your coffee, and unwind. Escape your world and enter mine. Welcome to the left field!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Ice Storm
The ice that formed this morning on the branches of the trees surrounding our house is now being assaulted by the wind that blows through and around all the corners and spaces. The ice slams into our siding & splinters in all directions. I hear the wind in the background as the ice smashes against the roof. The trees sway their branches in an appeal to their Creator. Something is amiss. A new reality is about to be born. A change is in the wind. Natures groans with this awareness, but do we perceive it as well? How will we survive? (Or maybe we aren't meant to.) Will we choose to love the other? Or will our stubbornness prevail? Where is God in all the mess? Where is His divine intervention? Why does it seem his hand is still when all around us Satan caresses? But who am I who writes? Who am I to judge? Where was I when God formed the earth? Where was I when God died? Where was I when He won our souls and where was I when He took his throne? Who am I to fear this age when in ages past they feared the same? We have His promise. We have His seal. I am His beloved, His betrothed. And we will prevail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow! this is some great intense deep writing! thanks for sharing. continue to use your gift!
Post a Comment