Monday, January 11, 2010

Where Am I?

I don't think I really want to know.


"It is simply the leaping into imaginative activity of an idea which I would always have theoretically admitted - the idea that I, or any mortal at any time, may be utterly mistaken as to the situation he is really in."

~ C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed


I have this bad feeling that I'm supposed to be laying more out on the line. That I should live a life of desperation for the ones who still don't know Him, that I should be free with my money and support those who need funding. In short, I have a bad feeling that I need to live more like the people of the early church. But I don't want to. I want to have a leisurely life. But I battle over what purpose God has me here on earth, why during this time in history? I think in many ways I would have felt more comfortable living 100 years ago - who knows? (I probably would never have survived my first childbirth!) Shouldn't I give all my money to the church, take in the homeless, give my kids to the temple to apprentice as scribes? Shouldn't hubby and I go door to door and win souls?

What would God say to me if I would ask for his evaluation? I don't really want to know. I don't want to stick my neck out for him. I don't want to give my money to others. And I just want to put my kids to bed quickly - avoiding the devotions.

Yeah, that's where I'm at.

3 comments:

TheLab said...

Just last night I had decided I needed to get back into reading scripture to Steel every night. But when I finally got him in pjs, in his room and the lights off, I was spent. And I said to myself, "tomorrow". I hate that.

emily said...

Me too.

Flamingo said...

so now is not the time to ask you for money? lol lol

thanks for your honesty...that is alot!