Sit down & take a load off your feet my friends! Take a slow deep breath, sip your coffee, and unwind. Escape your world and enter mine. Welcome to the left field!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Questions And Curiosities
~ Does anyone else notice their birthdates on a digital clock from time to time?, example: 10:14? (yes, I accept personal checks).
~ Why do some dinners always smell better than they taste? It's a tease I tell you!
~ Why do some dinners smell good while cooking, taste good while eating, and then a few hours after, that same aroma turns my stomach and I get all green in the face?
~ Have you ever wondered if the colors I'm seeing are the same colors your seeing? Is your green my green? What if we're seeing totally different colors for the same things? This freaks me out.
~ Why is the skunk scent so appealing to me?
~ If I'm so tomboyish, why am I so weak and feeble? I must be a prettyboy.
~ Why is it that the best mother's day gift for me would be a day where I forgot I was a mother?
~ Are the angels horrified at me? I have a strange sense that they are every time I sit on the toilet.
~ If there is intelligent life on other planets, did Jesus have to die for them too? It's because of this very reason I can't believe in aliens. Except, when I was a kid, I actually thought I was an alien.
~ why am I so drawn to sci fi movies?
~ perhaps I am an alien, that would explain my cone shaped head.
~ Do you think God was proud or irritated that we took some of the pain out of childbirth with the introduction of epidurals? It was His curse afterall.
~ Do you think the first death in Eden, the first death ever, happened when God killed an animal to use it's fur for clothing to cover Adam and Eve's nakedness? Wouldn't that be an interesting mirror of the redemption story? I read this in a fictitious book called EVE, a very good book if you can get past a few things.
Well, I've got a load of laundry that needs to be folded - and I can't keep putting it through the dryer to get the wrinkles out. So enough of my dilly dallying around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I wonder about the color thing all the time!
I have also always wondered about the color thing! As far as the tomboy thing, does that make Jay gay? (I saw your test results on facebook). I want to know what Jason thinks your feminine qualities are?? I'm certain he thinks of you as girly! I know the cone-head thing always bothers you but you should have felt some of the odd shapes and even divets people had in their heads when I worked in the salon! Thanks for the laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow - maybe there IS something to this color thing after all if we're all wondering about it!
FYI - my "green" is the correct "green." Just kidding. (No I'm not.) But yes, I ABSOLUTELY notice 10:15 on the clock, Lauren (my little sis) and I have made note of that since we were kids. This is an awesome list! Skunk scent... hmmmm... not sure what to think about that one. About #3 - are you preggers again? :)
Nope on the pregnant thing - thank the Lord. Another one would push me over the top!
Yes I do notice 12:18 on the clock... I have always wondered if my green was everyone else's... and the thought of the looking at the world through a different color spectrum gives me the creeps... I have always wondered about the epidural thing and secretly I get some satisfaction out it!
Me too!
I sing to myself and make Luke wish me a happy birthday whenever it's 10:30. I also wonder if your purple is my blue, etc. And I like the scent of skunk- used to have a scratch and sniff sticker of it. Other than that, the sci fi things... and the angels... yeah, you lost me on those! :)
Hey Gretchen - another skunk scent fan - we are amoung the blessed few! I know one other person who is a fan as well.
Post a Comment