Sit down & take a load off your feet my friends! Take a slow deep breath, sip your coffee, and unwind. Escape your world and enter mine. Welcome to the left field!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Loads Of Laundry, Loads Of Work - Is It My Naptime Yet?
That's why I'm writing this post with nothing to keep your interest. It's simply a procrastination tool I'm using to keep me from cleaning out my fridge, washing down the kitchen cabinets, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and moping floors, writing thank-yous, making phone calls, storing away our winter clothing and replacing them with summer cloths ... the list is endless and overwhelming. Please tell me how long and overwhelming your list is - I need to know I'm not the only one! I can't stand supermoms! They make me look bad. That should be a post for another day - Why I Hate Supermoms. Sounds like a good ranting post. If you consider yourself a supermom then I am sorry for saying I hate you. But you must understand, you make me look bad. And you make me tired - how can you do it all, be it all, and still stay sane and beautiful? I do the bare minimum and I'm going insane at rapid speed while my hair is thinning and my face is breaking out like a teeny bopper's. And the dreaded time of year is fast approaching - I'll have my kids full-time at home driving me batty all summer. I'm definitely NOT the typical mom in that I'm looking forward to having my kids home 24/7 for a couple months! Does anybody have any great ideas in activities (the less it costs the better) that keep the monkeys occupied for awhile? I don't want to have to drive much this summer. We will be signing up for the summer reading program at our local library. I need to get a slip-n-slide or something. What works great for your kiddos? The less involved I need to be the better! (yeah, your lookin' pretty good as a mommy right now aren't you - I can see you through the computer screen patting yourself on the back!)
Well, the washer is done which means I need to put Little Miss's bedding into the dryer. And start in on another mound of laundry. I only have 2 kids, why does it seem like I have 20?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You'd feel a heck of a lot better if you came to my house. I love organization and perfectly clean things, I cannot stand disorganization... and yet that is what I've got. My list? Here's a TINY bit of it: wet clothes in the washer since yesterday afternoon and will likely now have to re-wash in case of mildew, no bathroom in the house has been cleaned for months (yes, months), there are small piles of laundry in key places throughout the house (kid laundry near the kitchen because of clothes spoiled while eating), a basket of clean laundry that hasn't been put away and has been sitting outside the closet for 4 days, a cardboard box of random toys has been sitting in the upstairs hallway for weeks because I don't know what to do with them, the baby room closet is completely full with evertyhing in piles because I throw it in and fugetaboutit - nothing actually put in an organized place (like outgrown clothes), baby fingerprints all over the sliding glass door, crumbs covering the kitchen floor, toys I can clearly see under the refrigerator but don't feel like fishing out... THIS IS ONLY A START, EMILY. So please, even those who "think" they're organized moms are THIS bad.
I love your list! Thank you! Will we ever have a clean house while the kids are still living at home?
it was once said... "cleaning house with kids at home, is like shoveling while it's still snowing" it goes on and on an ON!!!!!
I was going to say something very similar to Leslie (just a few minor details changed). Yes, come around for a visit. You're not the only one. I certainly do not consider myself a supermom. But I am looking forward to having my kids home with me over the summer... mostly because I'll get part of my life back. I currently spend a minimum of 3 hours in the car every day driving kids to and home from school! Ugh. That gets old by June.
3 hrs. a day? Ugghhh, that sounds tiresome - I'd be ready for a break too! I'm looking forward to not having homework and being able to sleep in a little longer. I'm thinking I'll have picnic days here where the kiddos' friends pack a lunch and come over to play. Or maybe "meet me at the park" where us friends can pack lunches and meet at some park with the kids. I'm in brainstorming mode right now.
you make me laugh...so glad to know that you don't hate me because i'm so far from super mom it's pathetic. i feel like a real loser when my hubby cleans the bathrooms for me and my floors and i STILL don't have the house close to being OK.
i do get sooo excited for my kids to be home though. my kids really entertain themselves though...at least they did last summer. i had a ton planned and we didn't do any of it because they were content with being home.
slip and slides are awesome and cheap. water guns...anything water.
i have a ton of other "cheap" ideas but it involves driving.
make up scavenger hunts...get some homeschooling going...that will entertain for a little.
Homeschooling? Are you kidding? Scavenger hunts? I guess I could have them hunt for things that are already missing. Hmmmmmmm ....
I told you that while we're at work the pool will be empty so come on down and swim!
Post a Comment