Sit down & take a load off your feet my friends! Take a slow deep breath, sip your coffee, and unwind. Escape your world and enter mine. Welcome to the left field!
Friday, January 9, 2009
I Thought He Said Exfoliation, But What He Really Said Was...
...Excavation.
Oh.
So Isaiah 43:19 is a promise I believe the Lord gave me. Only I hoped it would be more of a spa-like experience. A little deep tissue massaging, some exfoliating, perhaps some heat therapy. But then I saw Him get out His front loader & I heard the telltale sound of beep beep beep as the monster maneuvered into position. Apparently to get those "rivers in the wastelands" he must first dig a deep path. And He doesn't tell you when He's taking a turn. Sometimes it seems like He kind of pretends to go in one direction only to look back over His shoulder at me and wink before He turns in another, all-together different pathway. I can't say I really like this about Him. It's not that comfortable for me. In fact, sometimes it's downright painful. And I want to stomp my foot and say, "Enough already! Go pick on somebody else!" Like He's some pesky nat getting tangled in my nose hair. What I fail to realize, until He has to make it obvious to me, is that the only reason it is painful to me is because the ground He's working with is too hard. He really wants to use His hands, but instead He has to haul out the heavy equipment! When am I going to learn to be more pliable? Well, He's certainly giving me some opportunities to practice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment