Monday, June 14, 2010

Poop

This post has nothing to do with poop but I entitled it poop so that I wouldn't write the swear word option because I only allow myself a certain quota of swear words per month and I think I should save the rest of my usage until I really really need to so that I will be highly satisfied when I do.

With that said or written, I'll now explain my expletive.

Wait. My mind is shifting to what the TV is repeating over and over again: booby traps. It's quite annoying. How did we ever come to say: booby traps - where did that saying come from? Do I really want to know?

So back to poop. I'm going to have myself a little pity party right now.

My kids have summer vacation and I DON'T!!!!! My heart is breaking. I want to sleep in. I want the care-free days of being bored and wanting to tie my kids in chairs with duct tape over their mouths. I want to drive to stores and go window shopping. I want to go to the park with the creek and get eaten by bugs and threatened by snakes. I want to read for a couple hours, DURING THE DAY, and lay out for 3 minutes before I give up because I'm sweating too much. I want to have aspirations of organizing and cleaning my laundry area and then just take a long nap instead. I want to look at the day ahead of me and wonder; "what am I going to do today?" I want to not care about weekends because they're just like every other day in my book.

I saw those buses drive by my office window today, shipping the kiddos home for a few months of Summer vacation. I heard the kids laugh and have fun, without a care in the world. Dumb kids. I want to be a kid. I want to have summer vacation.

Instead I'm working on a stomach ulcer. I'm still not eating breakfasts or drinking my morning coffee. Stupid summer vacation. Everyone needs to work. Nobody should have off or have fun. Everyone should develop stomach ulcers.

Because misery loves company.




Okay, pity party over. This week started off well. And my kids tend to drive me even more insane - more than my normal amount of insanity. So really, I'm thankful I'll be spared day upon day upon day upon day of being surrounded by children who are not always so lovely. But it would be nice to spend a couple more days with them.

2 comments:

Flamingo said...

awwww! i'm so sorry. actually for the 1st time in my existence i just threateend my kids with me working FT and sending them to summer camp. i've never wanted to do that before, but apparently today i did. thanks for remindiing me i probably don't. lol

emily said...

Are booby traps a referance to bras?