Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Very Big Hug To You My Friends

I have to write this and I have to write this now - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

My mentor said to me that it's like my blogging friends are wrapping their arms around me whenever they post comments - and it's true! I have such a support network - it's awesome! I didn't realize when I started this blog what a cool advantage it would turn out to be in accumulating prayer warriors! As I read your comments (and some of them have been sent to me through email), I just want to write back and ask - but how can I pray for YOU? Specifically? If you're so bold, you could comment your prayer concerns. If not, email me. Otherwise, I'll just shrug my shoulders, grunt, smile, and say "whatever God, whatever you want" when I talk to him about you.

I have a friend, Sista Wild Child, who I've asked to not pray for me anymore. God answers her prayers in odd ways. Sometimes painful ways! So my friends and I have asked her to tone her prayers down quite a bit if she feels she really must pray for us at all. Rest assured, I am not this kind of prayer warrior. Rarely do I get out a coherent thought. I heavily rely on the Holy Spirit's interpretive power. And I'm not sure my prayers are all that effective. But I'll try. For you - I'll try. I am so touched that you would send me hugs and pray for me and my family, and most importantly, for Dan and Michelle's family.

Side note: right now, we are outside. Ethan and Jason are tossing the football, Noel is taping a terracotta pot back together, and I'm on my portable laptop writing and watching these guys.

It's a beautiful evening.

6 comments:

Knocker Boys said...

Thanks. I think that I'll have to email you with my requests. My LONG, LONG list of requests. :)

I love that you are talking about your blog and your followers in Spiritual Direction! That's cool.

Knocker Boys said...

I thought of another comment.

I love your blog. I really do. Yours and Pioneer Woman are my 2 favorite blogs. And actually, I check yours before I check PW's so I guess you are my favorite! Thanks so much for writing it. I think that you are brave.

TheLab said...

Awwww, E, what a sweet, tear-jerking post! Yeah, I'm kind of amazed at what blogging has done for me. I thought it was so narcistic when I started it, but then I realized I write for fun, but I read others' blogs to grow. Your blog about visions is forever a part of a huge milestone in my Christian faith. I've GOT to talk to you about it in person sometime, but the Lord used YOUR BLOG to minister to me in a huge way. I'm SO thankful for you taking the time to write.

emily said...

My head is starting to inflate here! But don't worry, when I get to work today and do something stupid, it'll deflate back to it's tiny size - my head never grew large enough to fit into adult sized baseball caps. It's the truth, I have to wear a youth size. And my motorcycle helmet is an extra small. At least my head is heavy.

Flamingo said...

uuh knocker...where am i on that list?? huh? lol lol

i like the words of your mentor...that is a very cool thought that i never thought of before!

it makes me smile inside and out to know how much you love blogging. i dont' want to say, "i told ya so..." but, "i told ya so"...lol

my friend, even the holy spirit is overwhelmed with all my prayer requests. generality...direction. where in the world is He leading me? i just need clear signs about a lot of things right now.

emily said...

Clear signs. I'll pray for them for you. You could get interesting results though - Flamingo be warned!

And you're right Flamingo - you once told me blogging wasn't a life or death decision. How funny I was about blogging! Thanks for the encouragement and your many comments! You've helped to keep me writing on this thing - now I can't stop! (I don't think. I've been quieter than normal this past week - what's THAT about?) And you keep writing too Flamingo and K.B. and Leslie and everyone else on my blog list and to everyone else, please start a blog! I need my fixes!