I woke up with crusty eyes. I hate when that happens. It was another morning where I could have easily slept through the alarm - I don't know how I managed not to. We have been so tired lately. I dragged myself to the living room and asked the kids what they wanted for breakfast - how can they get up before we do?
Then the phone rings. Crazy morning. My dad had a scare this morning - turns out his new med is not so good for him. But he's fine now thank goodness. After that scare, my work called. They left some things at the one office that they needed at the office we were in today - could I rush to that office, pick it up, and rush back before 9:10? Well, I'll try. Of course, I think God purposely made the roads full of traffic. I was forced to take my time. Everything worked out there as well.
Sigh. This week is getting tougher as the days tick by.
2 comments:
Sorry kiddo. That does sound like an exhausting start to a day. As soon as my office called me on my own phone, I'd go into fits of rage. That's all it would take. They could call me to wish me a nice commute and I'd be fuming that they had the nerve to call me on MY time. Yeah, I'm like that.
I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly. Well, there's only Friday. Hmmmm, I hope Friday ROCKS.
And get some rest when you can. And then some yummy food. And though you think the laundry and dirty floors are SO important (I do, too), just let em go. They'll just be there next week again. You can wear the same pants three times. Even four. Trust me, I'm on day four right now.
Make some small choices this weekend to stop doing things and just rest. Laugh with Jason and sit with the kids. And ignore the stuff you REALLY want to get finished. I did it about two weekends ago (dear God, there wasn't a clean piece of clothing in the entire house, but we still somehow made it through), I just ignored the dirty things that REALLY annoy me, and it was hard at first, but then I just turned a switch in my brain to: "DONT CARE" mode, and enjoyed my time with all three boys.
Get some rest and relaxation! It's worth more than clean laundry!
Thanks Leslie - we're actually going to get out of the house, just Jason & I, for the WHOLE weekend! This is our D.C. weekend! We're leaving as soon as I'm done with the computer!
Thanks for the encouragement - I need to have more of that mentality at times.
Post a Comment