... I need your advice. I have wanted to buy a bread maker since my highschool days but never have. I've been saving my coins for nearly 2 years now and have raised a total of $38.00. Yes, a pathetically sad amount. I am so disheartened. But my birthday is coming up and I always start a few months ahead of time trying to think up what I'd like for my birthday (I'm a dreamer). I think this year I'd like to buy a breadmaker - finally. It's one of those things that I can scratch off my bucket list. Just in this month I've been able scratch off trying moonshine. I'm going to have to come up with more bucket list items before I go through them all - cause what happens then? Yeah, I thought so too.
So a bread maker. Leslie, Sista D has told me you know a thing ar two about them. Do you have a preference in a make or model? A friend of mine really likes Breadman. Is there anybody out there who can give me some advise on the topic of breadmakers and making bread from them? I've done some research on the Internet, but I'd like to pick the brains of those I know.
7 comments:
i don't know a ton about them but i have the Breadman Ultimate and really like it. Mind you...it's the ultimate one..not JUST Breadman:)
when you get one, i have a super easy and yummy pizza dough recipe i make in it.
i actually don't bake bread that much in mine...i just have it mix doughs for me. i'm the lazy martha stewart:)
hmm...i should ask leslie about how she cuts her bread. i never can get mine cut nice or close to thin...which is why i don't use it a ton to make bread. i need knife help.
Perhaps squishing your bread would work - like in a pannini maker! Thanks for your referral and I'd love to get your pizza dough recipe sometime!
OK, I feel really stupid saying this, but you guys are talking about a different (much cooler, bread-making professional) Leslie, right? I'm sure you are, but in the off chance you mean me (and Sista D stands for Dana) then I look like a jerk for not responding. So I've been reading and re-reading this post for 5 days waiting for the Real Leslie to Please Stand Up. But she hasn't. So... do you mean me?
Yes silly! YOU are the real Leslie! I've been waiting for your reply! Please tell me you know something about breadmakers! I'll take any information cause I really don't know anything, I just want to make homemade bread the easy way cause I COULD actually live on bread alone. And I want the house to smell good without having to invest in candles.
HA HA HA! My name is in the title of a post!!! I am in shock! I totally thought you were going to say "wow, Leslie, that's pretty conceited of you to think I was talking about you..." :)
OK, I'm sorry to report that I don't know anything about bread makers. You see, I could eat bread (and cheese) for every meal also, and Dana might be thinking of the times I made bread from scratch. I actually always wanted a bread maker UNTIL I learned to make it from scratch. It felt so good to do it that way that I never did get the bread maker. So, I suck... I can't answer your question! Now you're never going to put my name in a post again!
And about slicing them, Flamingo, I actually have the same trouble, but I think it's a good thing... It means our homemade bread is so fresh, not processed, not too tough. It means we ROCK. (Can you see how I rationalize!?!?)
I do have a recipe for an herb and cheese bread I think you might both love. I'll try to post it over the weekend!
Man, I'm sorry I don't know anything!!! BUT you did inspire my new post (coming soon) - about the satisfaction of making things from scratch. While you're scraping pennies for your bread maker, I'm doing the very same for canning equipment! We're such good homemakers!!! I love it!
You put me to shame Leslie! There's no way I would have the patience or strength to make my own bread from scratch! And canning? No Way! I'd have to like vegetables 1st! BUT, I am happy I set off a spark in your thoughts about your next post! Keep posting!
Post a Comment