Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You Know Your A Redneck If ...


... Your kids come home from school smelling like the freshly fertilized fields that surround the school.

And the smell penetrates their cloths.

And the sofa.

And around here the fertilizer of choice is human waste.

5 comments:

marion said...

I didn't know that farmers are allowed to do that.

emily said...

It's aweful! Hubby says they shouldn't be allowed to use it around schools.

marion said...

So, the manure smell that I smell could be something other than cow poop? I'm so fascinated by this, for some reason. Isn't there plenty of cow poop to go around?

emily said...

I'm not sure if the cow poop is in short supply, but I think, according to my very undependable memory, farmers might get PAID to use human waste. I remember it being quite the controversy when a very famous farmer down our way (I believe you might know him) was amongst the 1st to use it.

marion said...

That makes more sense... kind of.