Overcast, cold, dreary, & sputtering droplets - that describes Stump Woods today. But also something else. Optimistic bird chatter - in surround sound. Green shoots of flower life - popping up here and there. And a whispered promise that life is just under the surface and about to burst through to transform the bare & tired landscape. My feathered friends are more patient than me. They are enjoying the here and now. I am having a hard time staying content with this waiting.
While I spent some time outside this morning, God reminded me of an old hymn we used to sing at church. And it helped give me perspective, it gave me hope, and enabled me to see God in the dreariness. I'll write the words because they are so beautiful.
How Great Thou Art
Oh Lord, my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have Made;
I see the stars,
I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy pow'r through-out
The universe displayed.
When thru the woods
and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds
sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
from lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
and feel the gentle breeze.
And when I think
that God, His son not sparing,
sent Him to die,
I scarce can take it in;
That on the cross
my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died
To take away my sin.
When Christ shall come
With shout of acclamation
And take me home
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration,
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou Art!"
Chorus:
Then sings my soul,
My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Savior God, to Thee,
My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
For thus says the LORD, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:18
1 comment:
Thanks for the encouragement.
Post a Comment