Sit down & take a load off your feet my friends! Take a slow deep breath, sip your coffee, and unwind. Escape your world and enter mine. Welcome to the left field!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
One Amusing Evening
Friday after school, my hubby took the kids out to sled in our front yard. A few days previous, they attempted it (just the kiddos) and became fearful due to the speed they gained from their lack of weight and abundance of ice. So off they go on Friday to attempt it again. With some trepidation. The 1st ride down was a doosey, and almost a deal breaker as they sped down the hill. The hubby had to forcibly stop the sled (all three went down together), with Little Miss flying off the front and continuing on down where she feared she wouldn't stop and travel right on down our driveway out into the road down below. Ethan, with telepathy gifts, starts screaming "NO NO! NO NO!" (no no is our nickname for her). It all happens in slow motion. Both brother and sister screaming in fear. Both Mommy and Daddy laughing in depraved delight. I was able to get a picture of the traumatic event.
After sledding, we decided we were entitled to a treat - and so we went out to Sugar & Spice, a nice restaurant in The Brogue. But before we could get there, we had to navigate our feet across our driveway to get to the garage. An easy endeavor, but for the ice. Again. After his first step out onto the ice, Hurricane EE goes down in a hard fall. He starts wailing again. I think he's broken his tailbone or arm or an eye busted loose due to the racket he's making. But no, he could move his arms pretty well and his eyeballs were intact. Once he flings himself into the car and can look at his damages by dome light, he found blood. Oh, the intensity of the moment! I thought blood was spewing everywhere! But found a slight cut on the palm of his hand. Not even much blood. I promised him a band aid once we get to the restaurant. Upon taking our seats at the booth I realized that I grabbed a pink Hello Kitty band aid from the car (where I keep neosporin and other first aid equipment). This did not go over very well with the boy. He hid his hand under the table the whole time, moaning off and on about the pain of his hand.
There was no ice in the parking lot. But that did not stop Little Miss to be taken out as we headed to our car after eating. She was walking behind me in between a couple cars when all of a sudden she's on the ground crying! She hops up right away and runs to the car, shoeless, and pleads with daddy to open up the car door so she can get in quickly. Ethan, with telepathic skills, starts crying too, thinking the boogieman is chasing No No. He can't get in the car fast enough too. I'm left to defend myself as I look for No No's shoes somewhere in the parking lot. I couldn't help but laugh again - what are ya gonna do?
Needless to say, it was one amusing evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I laughed out loud when I read, "a nice restaurant in the Brogue." I've never been there, but I've been to the Brogue. And I'm imagining what a "nice restaurant" looks like. :)
Well, it's nice for The Brogue. I like their spaghetti, yum! I think you'd be surprised at this restaurant, it's new. I like the tile they chose and the fabric of the seats - I take notice to these type of things.
Post a Comment