The joke is on me. Isn't it all a little ironic? I mean, I start ranting about how stupid and pointless and harmful exercise is, and then SLAM! The hand of God slaps me down on my caboose and I'm seeing little birdies flying circles over my head and I hear chuckling from above.
But I love irony. I don't understand the people who say they don't believe in irony. Like it's some kind of evil religion. Some people even act like it's a bad word. Perhaps I'm sinning, but I can't help but appreciate the irony of life! And even though I'm in pain, (now not only from my mysterious illness but from exercising too), I'm actually laughing with the Lord over this one too. He really does have an interesting personality doesn't he?
I just want to say though, I don't appreciate the bill we got from Wellspan for the lab work I got done! I realize they took nearly a third of my blood to analyze, but if they're going to charge me $642.24, I better get bigger results! I almost cried! I mean, I really felt gypt! If I'm going to be charged an amount that almost equals our monthly mortgage, I better have more than just mono! Give me limes disease & lupus too! And throw in a thyroid issue for free - that's the least they can do. But to send me to physical therapy instead is just plain idiotic. There, I'm paying thirty bucks a pop. By the time I'm through therapy I could have paid for a year's membership at the gym, and a trainer too! I think my doctor has stock in Advantage Therapy. Advantage. That's a laugh. I come home from the place and I can barely move my phalanges, much less a leg! And they keep making me work harder, upping weights, going longer on the bike and treadmill. They keep coming up with ways to torture me. Who would have thought to put weights on my ankles? It's just the modern tech. interpretation of the ball & chain. I keep wanting to call and cancel. I ask the hubby if maybe I should, citing the large cost for reason of course. But he just shakes his head. Where's this all taking me? What good is it doing? It's taking me away from my quiet time with God, that's a fact. God, do you really think that's wise? And I'm more sore now than I was before I started! I don't need to look good in a bikini folks!
Just give me some good drugs and be done with it.
1 comment:
uuugh. now that really stinks. $624? that is just wrong. and you are right, don't compare your PT costs to a gym membership because we all know that is something you weren't going to be purchasing anyway;)
Post a Comment