Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Big Reveal: Vision #1

Don't laugh. Don't you dare snicker. And don't look to the skies to verify the flight of pigs (but yes, they are up there).

My job requires arm strength. Holding up the hose of a vacuum cleaner while maintaining certain degrees of angles demands stamina.

I'm acquiring a little buddah belly. Yes I am. I'm now 31 years of age and my metabolism is starting to slow - dang it! I knew I was eating on borrowed time. I lived it up while it was still working for me.

The time has come to implement adjustments in my daily diet and exercise regime. Okay okay, don't start snoring up your coffee. I admit, the term exercise regime is a little excessive to describe my former habit of activity (inactivity).

I believe in baby steps.

I'll start with using the little weights Dean The Physical Therapist gave me. I'll pump my arms while watching TV. I'll also follow the exercise take-home program he gave me (squats and other stuff). I'll attempt to (gulp) exercise 3 evenings a week while Jason is at the gym and at church (I don't need an audience).

And although I have no visions of me eating fruit and veggies (let's not get carried away), I do have a desire to eat less artificial ingredients and drink more water. I will say "no" more often to empty calorie foods.

For me it's simple. A little more activity and a little less junk. I don't care so much about fat content (in meals). I just simply want to eat less sugar and drink more water.

Maybe, to be held accountable, I'll document my progress here on this blog. I just want to be a little more healthier. This is one of my visions.

2 comments:

Flamingo said...

definitely had my attention at exercise regimine! lol

a buddah belly? you? really? i want to see it:) lol

now everyone thinks i'm completely odd or that we have a really odd relationship.

emily said...

I'll show you my buddah belly at church!