Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Bread Machine!

Friends, GOOD NEWS!!! Today I made bread in my very own bread machine thanks to my new best friend, Becky R. She just happened to have a bread machine taking up too much space and decided the real estate was more valuable than the bread machine. So I helped her out. And took her bread machine home with me. And made my first loaf of bread. I can't wait to try out more recipes!


Not only have I gained another appliance, but I rediscovered some really cool ones I had hidden away and figured out how to work one that I never used in 10 & a 1/2 years because I thought someone bought us a broken mini food processor for our wedding present but it turns out it wasn't broken after all, I just wasn't smart enough at the time to figure it out. (wow, I get the run-on sentence award for that beauty). So, in acquiring a bread machine, I discovered a slushy maker, mini food processor, & an espresso/cappuccino machine! What a rewarding day!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

emily said...

Yes friends, that is indeed a very large tub of bubble gum in the background of the one picture. It's a Sam's special. And we all were drawn to it like gnats to eyeballs. So we had to have it.

TheLab said...

Oh my gosh, what an awesome post!!! We thought it would just be about your awesome, new bread machine (God provided it without any money spent, what a blessing, truly.) But you also got all those other things working, too!

I have a very funny imagine in my head of you guys always scoffing when you hear the name of the person who gave you the "broken" processor... "How's Aunt Sally doing, Emily?" "Heh, Aunt Sally. Whatever..." and then mumbling about her horrible gift. And how you now have to take it all back, the entire 10 years of secretly thinking Aunt Sally was a jerk... I love it!

:)

Flamingo said...

ok...i have envy already. how the heck did you cut your slices so nice? what for kind of knives do i have? those are nice slices! help me sista!

emily said...

Flamingo: I think it helped to have a VERY hard crust! And I didn't even wait for the bread to cool! I used a steak knife, nothing special.

Leslie: I think God gave me amnesia when it came to remembering who gave us that gift, although I have my ideas on who it could have been!

emily said...

Oh Flamingo, I need to make a correction: I only used the steak knife for a couple slices before I got out my electric knife. That worked wonderful. The electric knife is a valuable tool in my kitchen - another wedding gift!