I thought it would be fun (for me, if not for you) to travel down memory lane & remember some of the things the Lord has either promised, questioned, or just plain talked with me about. Then, I think I'll write down some of my questions, complaints, & pleadings I had with him over the past couple of years. This should be very interesting!
God's Chatter:
Even when the storm comes in between us & you can't see me, I'll never let go of your hand.
You belong to me.
Trust this, you'll know from the Holy Spirit when you can't.
You need to get out. I'll be waiting there.
Forgive her.
Happy birthday Emily, I am so glad I created you! (I was in church singing to the Lord, totally focused on Him
when out of nowhere I hear this from Him. It was like the
person sitting next to me just interupted my worship by
talking to me - except it was the Lord! I was blown away.)
You stink when you smell fake. (sometimes he isn't very elloquent - but it's exactly how I needed to hear it.)
I'm waiting for you.
I love my creation in you.
What is your motivation?
Just do it, try it.
Don't you just want to "be" with me, without having to worry if it's following a "correct" set of ways?
I created emotion - it's not bad!
What's the whole point in me creating you?
My Chatter:
Kick him in the ass Lord.
What's it going to take Lord?
Can I trust you?
How will this affect me?
I need, I'm expecting your divine intervention.
Just get her pregnant Lord!
How involved in this are you?
Did you cause this to happen?
...And, if you've a mind to, can I have some Fall decor'?
I love you. (surprisingly, I hardly ever tell him this)
You are my God. You are my God.
This has gone beyond belief to experience. Thank you.
That's it for now, but you should be inside my head sometimes! If God hasn't struck me down yet for lack of holiness & tact, well, then there's hope for all of us. We can be real with him & that's exactly how he wants it.
3 comments:
Thanks Emily,
I needed to hear that today!
i sure hope you weren't praying for me to get pregnant!
it's so encouraging to find that i am not the only one with endless internal chatter!
Just reading some of your older stuff from before I was smart enough to be following your blog, and I really like this one!!!!!
Post a Comment