I watched the show, Wormhole, on the Discovery Channel this evening. It put me in a bad mood that I swore at the beginning of the show I wouldn't succumb to. I was even cold and distant to my husband - the usual scapegoat for my attitude when driven to sour mindedness. Pour guy.
So here's my response (using the words of one of their own) to the wackos I watched this evening. It's taken from an old thesis I wrote my senior year in high school. Robert Jastrow was an astrophysicist and agnostic. He wrote a book called, "God and the Astronomer." The following quote is from him.
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
No comments:
Post a Comment