Friday, May 15, 2009

The Book I'm Reading Now


I went to the library today to attempt to borrow a book that would amuse me for a few days. None of the adult books looked good and I found myself drawn to the kiddie section. Of course, it probably is no surprise to you that I would pick a book out with a first sentence "If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you would be better off reading some other book." He goes on to write, "In this book, not only is there no happy ending, there is no happy beginning and very few happy things in the middle." Sounds like my kind of book if you ask me! This movie came out a year or so ago and I remember the commercials for it. It kind of interested me like a spider does; I'm horrified but drawn to it. I never did rent the movie. Here is the link to the author's (Lemony Snicket - you gotta love that name, I'm sure it's real, don't you think?) website, it's entertaining. LINK. And I'm almost halfway through - so I can feel confident in recommending it to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids love the movie. Depressing, yet good in a bizarre way.